This version of the 807-xx was the first product of this series that was sold by Spiderbeam. It
initially announced and began shipping at the Friedrichshafen HAM RADIO 2017 Hamfest.
WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED MINOR CHANGES FOR 2018!
- The 807-L is the lightweight version of the 807-series of Off-Center-Fed Dipole antennas, primarily foreseen for portable
- CHANGES in 2018: We are no longer potting the balun case with Epoxy. Potting makes it too heavy for use with the
Spiderbeam 12m fg pole. The balun box now has small drainage holes in the bottom, so that condense water may drain out.
- It uses lightweight Kevlar re-enforced, insulated stranded copper antenna wire, much thinner than the CQ-532 wire used in the "HD" version of the antenna. This reduces weight
and visibility compared to the HD version, but maintains high strength.
- It has a special Hybrid-Balun developed by DJ0IP.
- It also uses the unique "Remote Matching Unit" (RMU) developed by DJ0IP & DF4SA. The RMU enables setting the frequency of minimum SWR to your favorite portion of the
- May be re-configured to "half size", yet still useable on all bands except 80m.
- 80/40/20/17/15/10/6m (No Matchbox necessary)
- 12m (SWR ~ 3.5:1
. . . Matchbox probably necessary)
- 30m (High SWR . .
. Matchbox and reduced power required)
- Except 30m
(limit: 150 Watts)
- About 490 grams
(17 oz.) / without coax
- About 40.9 Meters