This version of the 807-xx was the first product of this series that was sold by Spiderbeam. It initially announced and began
shipping at the Friedrichshafen HAM RADIO 2017 Hamfest.
WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED MINOR CHANGES FOR 2018!
- The 807-L is the lightweight version of the
807-series of Off-Center-Fed Dipole antennas, primarily foreseen for portable use.
- CHANGES in 2018:
We are no longer potting the balun case with Epoxy. Potting makes it too heavy for use with the Spiderbeam 12m fg pole. The balun box now has small drainage holes in the bottom, so that
condense water may drain out.
- It uses lightweight Kevlar re-enforced,
insulated stranded copper antenna wire, much thinner than the CQ-532 wire used in the "HD" version of the antenna. This reduces weight and visibility compared to the HD version, but maintains
- It has a special Hybrid-Balun developed by
- It also uses the unique "Remote Matching Unit"
(RMU) developed by DJ0IP & DF4SA. The RMU enables setting the frequency of minimum SWR to your favorite portion of the 80m/75m band.
- May be re-configured to "half size", yet still
useable on all bands except 80m.
- 80/40/20/17/15/10/6m (No Matchbox necessary)
- 12m (SWR ~ 3.5:1 . . . Matchbox probably necessary)
- 30m (High SWR . . . Matchbox and reduced power required)
- Except 30m (limit: 150 Watts)
- About 490 grams (17 oz.) / without coax
- About 40.9 Meters (~135 ft.)