NEWS: MODEL 807 AVAILABILITY
PLEASE ADDRESS ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT AVAILABILITY TO:
Production of the 807-L & 807-HD is going on NOW.
Spiderbeam has informed us of the following:
- There are some component availability problems.
- 25+ baluns have been built, but are not yet in an enclosure.
- These can be used in both the -L or the -HD versions.
- Waiting on pre-drilled enclosures to arrive.
- 25+ sets of wires for the "-L" are pre-cut and ready to attach, once the baluns are mounted into their enclosures.
- Wire for building the "-HD" is in stock and can be cut and ready within a couple of days. This won't be done until the missing components are in
- Several hundred RMU printed circuit boards, fully populated with resistors and capacitors, are now in stock and waiting to have leads soldered onto them.
- These can be used in both the -L & -HD versions.
- Due to component availibility problems (SMD Caps), the 75m version of these antennas will
initially have a power rating of just 300w SSB/CW (this version only). Sorry but the caps we planned to use in this version are simply not currently available.
Aerial-51's design and construction of the first "807-HD" prototype is
- Same balun and RMU as the 807-L,
- but using much heavier-duty (and heavier) wire - CQ-532.
- Next step: Adjustment of the length of the wire legs.
- Then: hang on a pole in the field and run first set of measurements to determine final wire lengths, which
will be slightly different from the -L due to different velocity factors of the two wire types.
Spiderbeam will begin production of the "HD" immediately following completion of the current run of 807-L antennas.
BOTH VERSIONS OF THE 807 WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON.
NOTE: The only technical difference between the 807-L and 807-HD is the size (and weight) of the wire used in the wire
legs. All else is exactly the same -except the price.
For our North American Users:
Special capacitors are currently on order which will enable us to build RMUs capable of setting the 80m resonance at about 3.900 MHz.
This was not possible when using the capacitors which we use in European versions and US versions with resonance at 3.800 MHz.